Activities for Everyone during September
Centro de Formación de Cooperación Española,
6a av. norte between 3a & 4a calle, La Antigua
- MOVIES FOR KIDS Free. Saturdays, 4pm
- FILM A different movie every week. Free. Wednesdays, 6pm
- EXPOSITION La Ruta Maya: Biodiversidad Prenispánica, Los Misterios de la Selva. Ceramic and stone archeological pieces that illustrate animals and plants that were part of the Prehispanic biodiversity.
- EXPOSITION Píldoras de Vida, Items to create awareness about human trafficking.
- PHOTOGRAPHY Vivimos del Bos-que, Cuidamos del Bosque, A visual trip through Reserva de Biósfera Maya, Las Verapaces and Altiplano Occidental. Beautiful images of flowers, animals and archeological sites.
- PHOTOGRAPHY Color, Vida y Tradición. Documentary photography exhibition that portrays the peculiarity, cultural distinctions and idiosyncrasies of the countries that make up the Central American Integration System.
- ART La Arboleda, A pictorial exhibition, in which the young artists represent endemic trees from Guatemala.
This exhibit connects the artistic expression linking Guatemala and Norway.
Open through Aug. 8. La Antigua Galería de Arte, 5a av. norte #29, by the arch, La Antigua
ART TOURS IN LA ANTIGUA Weekdays only. Art tours for art enthusiasts and collectors. Explore the unique and rich art scene by visiting several studios of established and emerging artists in and around Antigua. Four-hour tours or personalized to your preference.
Call Estela Johnston: (502) 4149-4663 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturdays 9am-3pm enjoy fun activities for the whole family incl. live music, local producers, great food, craft beers, natural drinks and much more! Free hourly shuttle service to the farm/Antigua, 10am-3pm, pick up on the corner of 4a av. & 5a calle, corner of Cathedral.
Proceeds benefit Niños de Guatemala projects. Info., email@example.com; tel: 7832-8033. La Antigua/Ciudad Vieja.
TOUR Safe Passage empowers the poorest, at-risk children and families at the community of the Guatemala City Garbage Dump by creating opportunities through education. Seeing is believing. Tour our program and see firsthand who we are and what we do. Private tours are also encouraged. (English) Thursdays and (Spanish) Wednesdays, 8:15am Join us in Calle del Hermano Pedro, Casa #4 (Sur), La Antigua (Q150) or 6a Avenida 11-95 z. 7, Colonia Landívar, Guatemala City (Q75). Please contact (firstname.lastname@example.org) in advance of your desired tour date and +info: Tel: 55703339 or visit: www.safepassage.org
Meet at the fountain, central park; private tours available, tel: 7922-6600.
Visit commonhope.org La Antigua.
Info. & reservations, email@example.com La Antigua. See related article “The Mercado Simplified“.
FB.com/groups/antiguaultimate or call Greg Schwendinger at 4705-6854.
VerdEventos side field on 1a Av. Chajón, 1 block north of the market. La Antigua.
The Bagel Barn, 5a calle poniente #2, La Antigua